It is essential for a famly to tour the school and make an observation of the classroom community in which you are applying. To schedule a tour call the Pines Montessori School Front Office at 281.358.8933 or click the Contact Us button on the left of this page.
After the tour, an application, with the non-refundable application fee, will be accepted, recorded and kept for consideration for when a vacancy arises.
Applications May be submitted at any time.
- Infant, Toddler and Primary students can be admitted to join the school throughout the school year when spaces become available.
- Elementary and Middle School students will be considered at the beginning of each semester. Special consideration can be made for students moving to the area and are current Montessori students at their previous school. Applicants for Elementary and Middle School must give permission for previous school records to be obtained.
Students are placed in classroom communities based on many factors including when a vacancy becomes available, a balance in the age, gender and personalities of the students and overall make up of the classroom.
Upon determination that there is a vacancy the classroom teacher will call to schedule an applicant meeting. Most of these meetings are conducted after the school day.
- Infant and Toddler students- the meeting lasts approximately ½ hour. Parent(s) and child join the teachers in a class to explore. Parents help by answering questions and discussing things that cannot be observed during this time.
- Primary students- the meeting lasts approximately 45 minutes. If the child separates from their parent they will join the teachers in a class. Parents may join their child for support, but must observe during the meeting. Depending on the child’s age and their previous schooling experience the teacher’s will learn what areas of the curriculum to explore.
- Elementary and Middle School students- The interview lasts approximately 1 hour to 1.5 hours. Parents remain in the Front Office. Teachers will use previous school records to determine the pace of the meeting.
After the meeting teachers may comment in general about how it went but will not comment on a child’s acceptance to the school.
A letter of acceptance or declination will be sent from the Head of School within one week. If your child’s enrollment is accepted you are asked to reply to the offer of enrollment and secure your child’s placement with a deposit.
You are welcome to contact the school to inquire if it is appropriate to apply at another time if your child’s enrollment is not accepted.
Use our contact us link or you may telephone our office at 281-358-8933 for further information.
Tuition & Fees
*Fee schedule is valid through June 2, 2018
2017-2018 Tuition – School Year Contract 10 Months
|(6 wks-18 mo)||8:00 – 3:00||$12,000||$11,760||$1,200|
|(Ages 1 1/2 – 3)||8:00 – 3:00||$10,100||$9,898||$1,010|
|(Ages 3 – 6) ….||8:00 – 3:00||$9,100||$8,918||$910|
|(ages 6 – 12) ..||8:00 – 3:15||$10,000||$9,800||$1,000|
|(ages 12 – 15)||8:00 – 3:15||$10,500||$10,290||$1,050|
2017-2018 Extended Care Rates
|Year Round (12 months)||School Year (10 months)||Monthly*
|Before School Care All Students||6:30-8:00 AM||$2,082||$1,700||$191||$170|
|After School Care All Students||3:00 – 6:30 PM||$3,002||$2,450||$276||$245|
|Before & After Care All Students||Begins at 6:30 AM and ends at 6:30 PM||N/A||$3,330||N/A||$333|
Drop in care is defined as occasional and can ONLY be reserved through the School Office. We cannot guarantee that this service will be available. Please call for availability.
Extended Care DROP IN FEES (Effective June 1, 2017)
Before School 6:30-8:00 $25.00 ($40.00/2 siblings on same day)
Infant, Toddler & Primary -PM Care 3:00-6:30 $40.00 ($60.00/2 siblings on same day)
Elementary Studios 3:15-6:30 $40.00 ($60.00/2 siblings on same day)
* adjusted during June and July 2017 due to an extra week of school provided during the summer (9 weeks of school instead of the 8 weeks provided in 2016)
Due to increasing credit card service fees charged by banks, a 2.5% service charge will be added to credit card payments. Cash, check, and ACH withdrawal payments will remain free of service charges.
Pines Montessori School is non-discriminating in its admission policies with regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, or national origin.