What Can I Recycle?
We have had a change in our recycling companies that will affect any recycling items you will be dropping off at school. IM Green Recycling has been replaced by Federal International Recycling and Waste Solutions. The bad news is that we have lost one of our recycling bins. The good news is that you can now place ALL paper, cardboard, plastics and aluminum in ONE BIN! Aluminum and plastic can now go into the same bag. We still ask that you breakdown/flatten any and all cardboard.
Check bottom of container: numbers 1 – 5 can be recycled.
- PETE : Water bottles, sport water, soft drinks, tea, mouthwash, ketchup, salad dressing bottles, peanut butter containers, food trays, etc.
- HDPE: Milk, juice, cosmetic, shampoo, dish and laundry containers, yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese, margarine and butter, etc.
- PVC: Pipes, clear food and non-food packaging, detergent and cleanser bottles, etc.
- LDPE: Squeezable bottles such as honey and mustard, etc.
- PP: Straws, lids and empty medicine bottles, etc.
*Please clean containers of contents*
Aluminum cans (soda, beer), aluminum foil containers, metal cans, veggie cans, soup cans, coffee cans, etc – please do not crush or flatten! Please rinse containers to prevent contamination!
Notebook paper, computer paper, color paper, ledger paper, office file folders, (staples are allowed), Newspaper, wrapping paper, paper tubes, junk mail, flyers, coupons, envelopes, greeting cards, magazines, catalogs, phone books, books, laundry detergent boxes, shoe boxes, dry food boxes, cereal boxes, cake mix boxes, cracker boxes, egg cartons, etc. Shredded paper: put in bag by itself.
Please flatten boxes.
Don’t forget our clothing bin that accepts used clothing, shoes, belts, sheets, etc.
Glass, Styrofoam, hazardous waste, liquids, diapers, soiled food boxes – pizza, frozen food containers, any food box with oils/stains, paper cups, paper plates, paper towels, napkins, tissue paper.